To celebrate the announcement of Classic World of Warcraft returning to computer screens everywhere, it’s time to enjoy a tipple with our favourite original faction leaders, starting with the big green man himself: Thrall.
- 1 1/2 oz tequila blanco
- 1/2 oz blue curacao
- 1/2 oz Midori
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- Place all ingredients into a shaker half-filled with ice.
- Stir thoroughly for 20 seconds to chill.
- Strain into an appropriate vessel.
This dark green beverage will be familiar in flavour, if not in looks, to anyone who enjoys a margarita. The Midori brings the bright green shade that any orc would recognise in the mirror, while the blue curacao helps to darken the drink, add depth of flavour and introduce the blue lightning he is so well known for, all at the same time.
It’s sweet, it’s sour, and it’s full of spirit: what better way to describe the on-again, off-again Warchief of the Horde?
Want more World of Warcraft-themed gaming cocktails? Try one of the variations below.
For the Horde
- Remove the Midori and add pureed watermelon.
- Replace the lime juice with pineapple juice.
- Replace the lime juice with pear cider.
Not a Thrall fan? Try another WoW cocktail below: